Badlands National Park Photography Workshop 2022
May 31 - June 3 2022
Register for the Badlands workshop at Four Elements Photo Adventures
There's few places in North America that are as iconic as the Badlands of South Dakota. From the multi-colored spires and cliffs, to the wildlife, grasslands, and some of the darkest skies anywhere - the Badlands have it all. It's a photographer's dream.
We will explore iconic locations within the park with this photo workshop, as well as some lesser-known spots. In addition, the Badlands Workshop will take advantage of the park's dark skies to do some night sky photography (depending on weather conditions).
As part of our photography workshops, we will have daily sessions where you can share some of your images and discuss them And learn new post-capture processing techniques.
Even after you return from the adventure, we provide you with some extras!
- You will have the opportunity to be part of the adventure's social media group, so you can continue to learn and share from others you met.
- Your instructors will always be available for ongoing support and ideas after you return.
- The adventure begins the morning of May 31 and finishes up on the morning of June 3. (Note: there is an optional shoot the evening of May 30 as well.)
- The best way to learn is hands-on, so we give you ample opportunity to click shutters. Our photo adventures have enrollment sizes which ensure that you are not stepping over 30 other photographers for that ideal shot set-up.
- Small group size also ensures a peaceful nature experience for everyone. And with three adventure leaders, there is close, individual interaction for all your questions.
- No overly technical photographic knowledge is required. That is why you are coming to our adventure. Our approach to photography is more about the creative process, and does not focus on overly-technical details of cameras, or on software gimmicks. This simple approach makes these adventures especially suited for beginners and amateurs.
- A camera with manual settings and a tripod is recommended for the adventures. Basic knowledge on how to navigate your camera's settings is helpful.
- We have filters! You don’t need to spend extra to pick up filters (such as neutral density) for the adventure. We bring them along, so you can try them before you invest.
- A deposit holds your spot in the adventure and is fully refundable up to two months before the start of the adventure.
- The remainder of the balance can be paid in installments or the full balance (due one month prior to the adventure).
- The Badlands photography adventure requires a minimum number of students or it will be cancelled. In the event of cancellation due to not filling the minimum, a full refund will be given including deposit. It is recommended to to wait to purchase airfare or non-refundable hotel rooms until the minimum number of students has been reached. Notification will be sent once an adventure has filled the minimum requirement of 6.
- Transportation is not included, but we do encourage car pooling so as few people need to drive as possible to the locations.
- The Badlands adventure does not include lodging. We encourage students to make reservations and stay at the designated adventure hotel (being determined), but we can suggest some other nearby lodging options for a range of budgets.